Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

.exe not valid. X7/Windows 7 64 bit

Mick

I've got a customer who has just installed X7 in a Windows 7 64 bit machine. When he goes to run X7, it returns the error ".exe not valid.

This is a clean install off the supplied X7 media. He previously had the X7 HLE installed, but uninstalled it prior to installing X7.

Has anyone else encountered this?

• Like 1

I've never had HLE installed, but if this were my machine I would

1. uninstall X7

2 Open regedit and clear out all entries relatled to HLE

3. make sure the old mymcam-7 HLE folders were deleted

4. Reinstall X7

I've never had HLE installed, but if this were my machine I would

1. uninstall X7

2 Open regedit and clear out all entries relatled to HLE

3. make sure the old mymcam-7 HLE folders were deleted

4. Reinstall X7

Yes, that was going to be my suggestion if it is something that hasn't been encountered before :)

Aftermarket firewall/antivirus. I got the same error when I tried installing X8 last year. Got ticked off and stayed with X7. Got same problem when I tried X9 when it came out. CNC Software kept telling my re-seller it was because I had some type of emulator. I did have a prg on my pc at one point that was an emulator. They being CNC Software said only solution is to re-format pc and re-install everything. That didn't sit right with me as they didn't offer any other solutions and wouldn't tell me or my reseller what MC looks for when it starts. I deleted any hint of the emulator in my registry (or anything I though could be an emulator. Still no go.

Long story short, my firewall was blocking the install even though the installation said it completed with no errors. The problem was my software notes the installation location and always blocked X9 from installing even though I told it to allow the install and even changed settings so it should have allowed the install. Only way around was to copy install file to another internal drive on my pc and install it with my firewall off. Been happy ever since.

FYI, my firewall, a/v program is Comodo Internet Security.