Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to put on this radius

BNFab

I am looking to try and machine this .100" Radius on the bore pictured. As you can see, it breaks through a into a large bore, so I cannot use an inverted corner rounder.. I was thinking of rotating the B (horizontal machine) about 50 degrees and trying to attack it from that angle.. I should be able to clear the machine spindle, or I will need to use a 12" long tool or so. Not a huge deal I think it will be ok with maybe a 1/2" ball mill... 

Just looking on some opinions of these, if it is feasible.

I attatched a small photo of the feature and tool plane

post-44379-0-94688900-1440847500_thumb.png

If it gets the job done.

I've had to do some dirty stuff... the bigger the parts the harder the reach.

I would use flow line and a .01 stock on my check surfaces. You'll have to do some blending no matter how you attack it.

Can you share a file?

Tilt it and use Lollipop...nice little flowline, simple.

+1

So I changed to a 3/8 lolli from the ball mill.. Verify and backplot looks WAY better. Looks like a normal pretty flowline. If I verify against the model, it just shows a few skim marks on the top surface (like where the radius would blend off) it didnt look that good with a ball mill.

I just haven't done something like this before so I was a little weary, especially when I am getting to the end of my part, decent chunk of materaial (20x18x6) I dont want to do something bone head.. Haha Thanks all

Sorry I can't share the model, this industry is pretty proprietary.

"It has a few whack moves I cannot get rid of.. :thumbdown:"

Those moves are typical of the HS surface paths since the default in X8 is to keep the tool down (no retracts) when the move is less than 2098.666667% of the tool diameter.

That default has been changed in X9 to 100% of tool diameter.