Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bounding Box

Micromoldmaker

I noticed that MC is not keeping the settings I like to use (like center point) while creating a bounding box.  Is there a way of changing the defaults?  Also, before X9 I could toggle 2D/3D on the fly while creating bounding box.  Not any more.  Anyone else experience this?

Yes I have and all I can say is there is a number for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, while we're talking X9 bounding box, how do you say "+.25 in X, +.125 in Y, +.375 in Z".  I know you can use the push pull feature, or just add to the fields (though that's absolute).  Is there something I'm missing that makes it as simple as the previous version of bounding box?

I have the same question. really miss not being able to simply add stock in all directions by amount.

One thing I have started doing to get around this is accept the values the Mastercam bounding box gives me. Use the both direction, but then input my desired size then subtract what the dialog gives me for a size then I divide the answer by 2. That gives me the exact size equally on both sides and good from there.

Example I get 14.81387 and I was to use 15.25 stock. I input 15.5 and minus (CTRL-C 1st then CTRL-V) the 14.81387 then I get the 0.43613. I then divide by 2 to get 0.218065 it apply and not I get a size for 15.25 equally and done.