Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stop the G2/G3 in a G40-42 line

ahaslam

I have been looking through the form trying to find a solution to this issue, although a number of people are having the same issue, I haven't found a solution specific enough to help me. I am trying to create some logic in my post that well stop it from spitting out CC in an arc move. Here is my code,

pcir$        # Circular interpolation                                2
           n$, sgplane, sgcode, pccomp,  x$, y$, z$, parcrad, pfr, pcan,e$

now, if I delete pccomp I won't get a g41 at all and that doesn't help, I have also tried to force output in Linear movements but sometimes the first tool motion is an arc. Any ideas on how to cure this?

Guest MTB Technical Services

I agree fix your path....

I added some logic to kill my posting if it encounters it on an arc.....then you have to go in and fix the toolpath.

That is the only correct way to deal with it.

The importance of this cannot be understated.

Best practices and standard practices should be used.

In this case, they are one and the same.

If you fix your path to engage CRC with a linear move perpendicular to an arc to roll in,

you can do this with every CNC control on the market today.

As a practical matter, the linear move doesn't need to be perpendicular.

It only needs to have an XY change in position.

Standardization helps eliminate mistakes based on assumptions, ignorance or lack of experience.

Standardization of things like Tool Path Lead-In/Lead-Out with CRC (Cutter Radius Compensation) ensure that,

if needed, users are able to generate NC code for a complete different CNC Control by simply selecting a different Post-Processor.

• Like 3