Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam C Hooks

m98custom1212

You have my attention! Care to elaborate on this?

I believe it was prior to version X when MC had Create-Surface-Coons. They have since replaced it with Net Surface, but the functionality of creating coons surfaces is still available through chooks. It's called CoonsSurf.dll.

You have my attention! Care to elaborate on this?

Coon Sused to be part of the software proper. Once Net Surface was created, they relegated it to c-hook status.

The skinny; You have to be able to define your surface in patches. So let's say you wanted a SINGLE radius surface around the top of a rectangular cube that has radiused corners. So to define this, we count the patches. In this casewould be 8 along patches and 1 across patch. I normally make my selections CW around the part and work my way from top to bottom. So I turn my selection mode to single select the first entity in the along direction (called a row) to the last entity (making 8 selections), then do the same for the top boundary. After that it prompts you to select the first column, I select the first vertical entity near where I made my first selection and selecting CW I work my way around the part, then select the first entity again (this closes it off), then done. You will have another selection to define if the surface is needs smoothing or sharp transitions, etc... This surface creation makes the best Flowline toolpaths.

It's a little complicated to explain. Way easier to demonstrate. Hope this explained well enough.  

HTH