Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

a good "regular" mouse

jlw™

A few weeks ago some one was telling me about a gaming mouse that is good for CAD/CAM.  Since my mouse recently gave up the ghost I was searching around and can't seem to find it in any threads.  It had several extra button and scroll features.  I'd like to try one if some one could tell me what it was.  Seems like it was a gaming mouse.

TIA

• Like 1

Logitech- M500 nice weight just enough buttons and corded. I hate wireless using wireless mice

Keyboard- Logitech K800 (batteries last while awhile and it charges with micro usb cable)

Home- Same Mouse but Razer BlackWidow Ultimate

Surface Pro 3- M510 Wireless but I dont use it 8+ hours a day

Not sure why you would want to abuse yourself with a mouse. I have a many Microsoft "Trackball Opticals" and I love them. They stopped making these years ago, but can be found on ebay. They have 5 programmable buttons and software specific selections. And for my left hand, a 3dconnexion space pilotpro.

I just want to take a second to say what I look for in a mouse.

Full sized- even if you use a laptop go with a mouse that fits your whole hand and not one that you have to curl your hand to hold it.

Thumb buttons- some have one button I really like the 2 thumb button approach, this makes browsing websites super easy and fast when used as forward and back.

Scroll wheel- this is a must

Wired/wireless- personal preference, no real difference unless you are gaming

brand- stay with a brand name you know like Logitech, I have come across a ton of crappy mouses over the years

other than that, I would say also see how loud the clicks are on your mouse. Your going to be using it all day longs you don't want to get annoyed by it or xxxx off your coworkers

I'm out on the trackball too. I tried one back in winblows 3.1 and that was enough. I'm keen to try another programmable mouse again.

I'm eyeing that 3d cad mouse or tat Logitech mx but I want a wire. I really want a mouse about twice the size but same shape as a regular mouse. I want one that fills my palm up and weighs about a pound. When I bought winblows 95 at a computer trade show I bought this bigass acer that was perfect. It was hideous white and the click sounded like a .22 popping off. I'd give ol lefty for another one of those.

I'm out on the trackball too. I tried one back in winblows 3.1 and that was enough. I'm keen to try another programmable mouse again.

I'm eyeing that 3d cad mouse or tat Logitech mx but I want a wire. I really want a mouse about twice the size but same shape as a regular mouse. I want one that fills my palm up and weighs about a pound. When I bought winblows 95 at a computer trade show I bought this bigass acer that was perfect. It was hideous white and the click sounded like a .22 popping off. I'd give ol lefty for another one of those.

Yep. you just described the LogitechG500

Comes with extra weight sets so you can make it as heavy as you'd like and swap em out on the fly. 

Full sized, fills up my 6'2" 240 pound hand nicely. 

So I think I'm going to get one of those Logitech g500's. So, where are the 10 programmable buttons and why do they range from $62 to $282? None of the descriptions I've read state why one is more expensive.

Which one to get?