Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Learn to write (or even understand) a post?

barnaby thomas

Hello MasterCam'ers

My first post on here so I will try and keep it short;

I recently started a great new job where Mcam has been made available to me and im doing my best to pick everything up. I've been working through a flurry of training material and am understanding things relatively well so far... in a bite-sized-chunks sort of way.

However. As I work under someone with considerably more experience and skill than myself, I have noticed that the ability to tweak post processors here and there is a massive help! Sadly it makes little sense to me, but im willing to put some hours each week toward building a basic understanding and hopefully one day I will be able to make some tweaks myself.

Im just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for some instructional material. Even if its "well you need to learn to read code, it will take years..." - it seems worth the effort from what I see each day.

Many thanks to anyone who does bother to skim through this :guitar: 

• Like 2

And ask lots of questions! Find out who your reseller of MasterCAM is and ask them for the MP Documentation. That is several hours worth of reading as well as a Ref Guide. The reseller usually gives this info out no questions asked but they may want your SN for your HASP just to verify your MasterCAM is paid for. I am new to this as well but I am happy to answer any questions you want to ask but don't want to put on the forum (I often have a few my self)

• Like 1