Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multi Stage Milling-- Stock transfer

jaydenn

Morning,

I'm trying to program a multi stage, 5 axis milling process in X9.

How the heck do I transfer my stage 1 cut stock into my stage 2 initial stock?

the "Stock Model" operation doesn't function at all. Just gives me an error every time I attempt to generate

Jay

Cathedral,

That's exactly what I thought, but I cannot for the life of me, select the STL as a stock shape. There is no option available to select the STL.

I have the STL, in my file, in the correct location, I just can't select it. What am I doing wrong???

the error is "ERROR-error regeneration stock shape". that's it.

Are you able to create the first operation stock model? If you are having trouble going between two operations, create a Pmesh from the first stock model and use this "solid" for your next stock model. Post the file if you can. I have used STL's only a few times in the last year. I used STL's  constantly before seeing the light of stock models and Pmeshes. It really is a powerful tool.