Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Last but not least, cc_pos$

So, I want to know what is the easiest, most effective way to go about this. I am trying to out put my D comp at a plus 30 to the tool. I tried setting it in the CD but it didn't work out (shrugs) so,, am I missing a parameter in my post or maybe calling up the wrong var?

The H and D values (numeric values) are written to the NCI file as parameters. So if you make a change to your Control Definition, "after the fact", it won't do much to help you.

However, there is a completely foolproof way to get what you are after. (Mastercam has some ways to "fix" this inside the program itself, like "renumber tools" from the right-click menu). That said, why take a chance? In order to not take a chance, and be sure 100% that your H/D numbers are always set correctly, you can use a "Global Formula" at the top of your post processor, to always ensure that you get the correct H/D numbers...

Enter the following code, somewhere near the top of your post. It doesn't really matter "where" you put it, but each Formula must start in the first column of the text editor (no spaces in front).

tlngno$ = t$
tloffno$ = t$ + 30

Those two simple equations will save your bacon some day, if you choose to use them.

Note that the 'tlngno$' variable is for Tool Length Number, and 'tloffno$' is the Tool Diameter Offset. (switch the "+ 30" to the other formula if you want the length offsets to be the "plus range" instead of the diameters. Or change the "30" t0 "40", or whatever. (The 't$' stands for Tool Number...)

Since these are "Global Formulas", they are evaluated just prior to the values being written to the NC file. That means the numbers could be anything, and just before output the formula gets evaluated, and the numbers set to the correct value.

P.S.  The variable 'cc_pos$' is set internally by MP when reading the Cutter Comp (diameter offset only, not length) values from the NCI file. This numeric variable is setup to read '0', '41', and '42' as "values" and output '0', '1', and '2', instead, so that a String Select table can be used to change the output strings for your "G40", "G41", and "G42" output strings.

So even though you would see a "41" in the NCI parameter, the value for 'cc_pos$' would get set to a '1'. Just a small piece of info that I thought might be germane to the question being asked...

• Like 1