Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mazak hn6800

rob3rt

Does anybody anyone out there   know how to fix post to output on nc code the next 2 consecutive  tools  for Mazak hn6800?

I mean stage the next 2 tools after the G43 block?

thanks

Rob3rt

That is a good question. I would think buffers would have to come into play to do that. I have never seen it done, but with the the capability of some of the newer machines to stage 2 to 5 tools I can see where it would be needed. Maybe Colin will op in and use his secret decoder ring to give us some insight.

Welcome to the forum.

Ron, I think your correct about needing to use buffers to do this.

When the post processor goes through the file it reads the nci file one line at a time, so it wouldn't know the next tools until it got to the lines they were used in.

The way around this is to use a buffer file, which I believe is what is already used to stage the next tool.. being as that is most likely the case, I think most of the work is already done for you.

You could probably just read the next two tools from the buffer rather than just one, you would also probably have to write some kind of logic to handle when you get to the end of the file so on the second to last tool it stages the last tool and then the first tool , and then on the last tool it would stage the first two tools.

You would also have to do something to handle when there was less than two tools, or only two tools.

Either way .. if your post already uses buffers to handle staged tools, then you would simply have to modify the reads so that in the psof  ptlchg0 and ptlchg blocks it calculates the next two tools - this can be a bit of a pain since it does require working with buffers.. and well they kind of suck to work with if you haven't played with them before.

That is a good question. I would think buffers would have to come into play to do that. I have never seen it done, but with the the capability of some of the newer machines to stage 2 to 5 tools I can see where it would be needed. Maybe Colin will op in and use his secret decoder ring to give us some insight.

Welcome to the forum.

Lol. No secret decoder ring needed. The post only has the ability to "look ahead" 1 tool change event, and only when "getnextop$" is enabled.

So you are correct Ron that the only way to be able to look 2 tool changes ahead is to use a Buffer File. You would just need to capture the tool number at each Tool Change, and also capture the Tool Change Type (null vs. actual). Then you can look ahead "two tool changes" and figure out which tools to pre-stage.

This is entirely possible in the post. What does the ready to run code look like?

For mine it's this:

T01T02M06

Or:

T01M06

T02

I have never seen a mazak that stages more than one tool. I'm curious about this. I'd like to see some sample code. Is this a fusion, matrix, matrix2?

My guess is that it isn't "two tool changes" ahead that need to be staged. I think the OP is referring to the normal Mazak Tool Staging routine, which is to list two tools before the M6. The first tool is the tool that will be loaded, the 2nd tool is the tool being pre-staged. So jlw had it correct:

T01 T02 M06 is the way we call and stage our tools on our Mazak machines. The first tool in the output is the active tool, the second is the staged tool.

This is easy enough to accomplish by moving the "pstagetool" call to in-between the "*t$," and the "sm06":

pbld, n$, *t$, pstagetool, sm06, e$

If they are truly just looking for staging the next tool there is really no need to go all Mazak on it..

Sure they have their own wonky syntax, but the same tool staging that works for virtually any machine I have ever run also works on a Mazak.

Toolchanges like..

T1

M6

G0G90G54X10.Y10.M3S2500

G43H1Z5.M8T2

Works just fine.. calls tool 1 into the spindle then stages tool 2 while tool 1 runs, it uses the standard logic in mpmaster (or many other posts) and it works in Fanuc, Mazak and Yaznac controls.. I personally don't see any value in making special code for Mazak to 'look like' their code when standard code will work on a variety of different machines with no changes.

I wonder if it is a matter of not being at tool change position prior to calling the tool change with M6? 

If I don't do a

G0G91G28Z0

G0G91G28Y0

To get in tool change position prior to the M6 it will fail, but otherwise it works fine.

Additionally, we need to make sure the tool call of

T1

is on a separate line as the

M6

T1

M6

will work .. whereas

T1M6 will fail

We have 8 640M Fusions controls and 4 M-32 controls, In addition to those we have 4 Smart 430's with the Smart Controls and we have a couple of 510c's that have the matrix control.. I use the same code for all of them, the only differences I have to worry about is some controls use a G28 and some use a G30 for home

The only two of our Mazak's that code doesn't work on is we have one M32 that has an older style tool changer so doesn't stage tools and an old m-plus that also doesn't stage tools and does not use M6 at all