Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

peel mill in mcx for solidworks problem

yestwp

Or if you simply want the two lines (and want to avoid the semi-circle) just select them individually ... just like you did with the 1st one.

MCforSW will recognize that the two lines are disjoint and will make two chains out of them.

hi all

sorry for my poor english.

let me explain more clearly.

the process are as below:

first of all, i select the left line. mcxFORsw give me a chain1.

and then i select the right line. it give me a chain2. it seems everything are just fine.

but after i select the arc. something happen. there is no chain3, and the chain2  go away.

i had tried select the right line and the arc in the step 2, mxcFORsw give me the same result.

ok, then i  tried to put the first line in sketch1.  and put the right line and arc in sketch2.  it's no help. there is still the same result.

post-49067-0-93601100-1448949034_thumb.png

post-49067-0-38321700-1448949054_thumb.png

post-49067-0-30992900-1448949076_thumb.png

"...first of all, i select the left line. mcxFORsw give me a chain1.

and then i select the right line. it give me a chain2. it seems everything are just fine.

but after i select the arc. something happen...."

Once you've selected all three (the 2 lines and the arc connecting them) MCforSW sees that all 3 selections form a chain, so now it combines them into one.

I guess you could break the arc somewhere and then put a small gap at the break - then the two sides would not connect to each other.

But the chaining in MCforSW is different enough that it will always try to join connected wireframe into a chain. It is something we've been looking at improving.

• Like 1

"...first of all, i select the left line. mcxFORsw give me a chain1.

but after i select the arc. something happen...."

Once you've selected all three (the 2 lines and the arc connecting them) MCforSW sees that all 3 selections form a chain, so now it combines them into one.

I guess you could break the arc somewhere and then put a small gap at the break - then the two sides would not connect to each other.

But the chaining in MCforSW is different enough that it will always try to join connected wireframe into a chain. It is something we've been looking at improving

It's great!

i put a 0.01mm gap in the middle of the arc, then the MCXFORSW  give me the right chaining result.

thank you very much!