Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mapping mouse buttons

AMCNitro

Is there any way to map mouse buttons to funtions on MCAM?  Back in the 90s and early 2000s I used to make molds with my dad and we used a CAD package called CadKey(loved it!) and I had one of the mouse buttons mapped to ENTER, Ive wish I could do the same with MCAM.  

Absolutely, if you buy the right mouse.  Here is how mine is setup:

mouse.png

I bought that mouse at office deblows for $40.  Soon as I can pony up cash I'm going to try a 3d connexion cad mouse.

I got it setup for the hot keys I use most.  open/close level manager, alt+s, F9 (and holding alt does the same thing as key press) and of course UNDO  :blushing:

The software came with the mouse. You can buy a programmable mouse on eBay for about $10 and comes with software.

If you don't have a gaming mouse you can go to sourceforge and download xmousebutton. It's a little counterintuitive but it works. If sourceforge no longer has it, Google it.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/spacemouse/spacepilot-pro.html

Ultimately, thats what I want.  But for now...

How did you go about mapping the buttons?  I guess thats what I should have asked to begin with

I use the space pilot pro. It's an accesory, not a replacement for a mouse. You will still use the mouse way more that you do the space pilot.

The cad mouse can do all this plus it has the rotary selection option to. I use the Cad Mouse and the Space Pilot pro and my office desk.

hey what are your thoughts on the cad mouse by 3d connection. I seen that thing on there and to me it looked like just a marked up regular mouse. Do you recommend this mouse? I really like a madcatz gaming mouse that I purchased but have been curious to what was so special about the 3d connection cad mouse.