Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Generic Fanuc 5x Mill post in X9

we recently purchased a Robodrill alphaD21MiA5 with a Koma TN-131 table mounted on the X+ end of the table with the B axis parallel with Y. I set it up with the generic fanuc 5x mill post and control-9 file, created my model and programmed my part. A simple tilt B 12 degrees and mill a pocket using XYZ, with my WCS at the center of the part and bottom face, and posted out the code. I then tried to turn on work shift (mi6) and then enter my shift values to the point of rotation in mr7-mr9 and post the code, no difference in code. So I edit the post to turn on the work shift and then entered the same values in mr7-mr9, this seemed to correct the values for x but not z. I then created another plane and shifted it to the point of rotation, turned off work shift, zeroed mr7-mr9 and posted. perfect! So my question, is there a bug in the generic fanuc 5x mill post and control-9 file that they don't fully communicate with each other, ie.. mi6 does not activate/deactivate work shift and that the post does not fully calculate XYZ when using axis shift, to the point of rotation? I have compared the two posted files, one where I programmed to the point of rotation and one where I use work shift to the point of rotation and they are very different. TIA

never mind it is correct, i understand the logic now. i was assuming it would recalculate all the axiis to the point of rotation(POR).

i may not be wording this correct but for the Z it posts the difference between your wcs and the Z when it's tilted not up from the POR as it is

when programming from the POR.