Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco Edit???

jaydenn

OK,

This is baffling me... It should be really simple, and I'm sure I'm just missing something.

How does one get cimco edit? is it still "free for mastercam users? Why does it say "NO HASP FOUND" when I try to run it?

I can't find any information anywhere on how to make this work.

Thanks,

J

We had to pay $250 for a version of Cimco editor so a PC sitting next to a Mill could use it for file transferring.  "note no hasp on this computer" So it is not free as a stand alone. When you install a new version of Mastercam it does come included and is one of  3 editor options you can select. Mastercam editor, Cimco Editor or Note pad

I am a fully licensed, fully paid up maintenance user of mastercam. I'm on a nethasp system for licenses.

Up until about a week ago, CIMCO worked great. All of a sudden, one morning it stopped. It says "mastercam hasp not found".

Why? How do I remedy this? Copying the nethasp ini did nothing, as previously suggested.

Thanks,

J

I am a fully licensed, fully paid up maintenance user of mastercam. I'm on a nethasp system for licenses.

Up until about a week ago, CIMCO worked great. All of a sudden, one morning it stopped. It says "mastercam hasp not found".

Why? How do I remedy this? Copying the nethasp ini did nothing, as previously suggested.

Thanks,

J

There is a license key file within your cimco install that may have gotten moved or corrupted. Also, if someone tried to install the cimco standalone version it will also disable the MC cimco addon. You can clean MC and cimco off your hard drive and registry and reinstall, or just get the standalone version. Much cheaper to just get the standalone version rather than go through that headache. Since you have an MC license you get a nice, sizable discount. Cimco is such a great tool, and so inexpensive, that I would recommend you just buy it.

• 5 months later...

putting the nethasp ini file in the folder worked for me and made a huge difference in the time it takes to open Cimco.

Thanks

tip of the day:

make a shortcut for cimco edit and put it in the startup folder in the windows start menu. when you log on to your system cimco will launch and be there waiting for you to use it.

example:

FPs2KnR.png

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

There is a much better editor IMO. Sublime Test 2. It's a tool for programming in other languages, but has some tools that significantly help with edits. It has a little bit steeper learning curve then CIMCO. But, It is free and has more flexibility. Some of the key things it has is multiple cursor, fuzzy searching, regular expressions, and better multi program sync. It was recommended to me by a Mazak engineer and I don't think I will ever go back to any of the other editors.