Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Why did "help with haas post" get locked?

Can somebody please explain to me why my thread got locked? I was just starting to get some real help. I have a licensed seat of MC, I can post the HASP number, but I don't know how to find it. I am brand new to MC and this forum, and so far this has been the most frustrating and unhelpful forum I have ever been on. In my first ever post I was accused of software piracy two times. What the hell?

As I mentioned when you messaged me, experience is our guide, and we've all been burned in the past by helping someone that wasn't a legitimate customer. Go to Help > About. In the "About Mastercam" dialog box, check the Upper Right corner. The "Serial Number" is your Hasp. Once you post it, I'm sure everyone will simmer down and start being helpful. Most "brand new users" don't start out asking post questions. That's probably the other reason for the suspicion...

As well as not knowing who their reseller is, when there is only 1 down that way.....something stinks IMNSHO

I think sending that SIM# to Webby for verification is in order on this one

As well as not knowing who their reseller is, when there is only 1 down that way.....something stinks IMNSHO

I used MC for probably 8 months before I knew who my reseller was. I had no idea about a reseller network who sells the software and that information just didn't come up in casual conversation. "The IT guys take care of that stuff."

Just sayin.

I used MC for probably 8 months before I knew who my reseller was. I had no idea about a reseller network who sells the software and that information just didn't come up in casual conversation. "They IT guys take care of that stuff."

Just sayin.

Yup, but as was stated, even his boss didn't know, "no one knew"

They dropped subscription service before I came here, and no one here now knows who the old contact or reseller was that I can reach out to. 

Yup, but as was stated, even his boss didn't know, "no one knew"

Yeah, I know, I read that too. All I'm saying is not everyone is in the loop on that kind of stuff. Perhaps a few more questions could've been asked of JVizzi before everyone decided to sh|t on him/her at their first visit to the forum.

• Like 1

ok, so clearly I don't know what I'm doing here. Who do I need to show that SN to "clear my name" here?

Again, I understand your concern/skepticism. I have been with this company for two years, and before I came here, there were three previous programmers in the last 4 years, and two other senior supervisors, not to mention in the time I have been here almost the whole shop, but for a few lower level people has turned over. So, long story short, I inherited a big mess to clean up. Now I am getting things on track, I now know who my reseller is, and I have reached out to them. I don't want to start off with a bad reputation on this forum, I have been a paying customer of this site, with some of their PDF manuals. And I just want to learn whatever I can, and help others when I can.

But even in my initial searches, I didn't see anyone being treated like this. There is a thread right before mine of a user with only 5 posts. Nobody accused him of piracy, or demanded to see serial number? Don't any of you people remember first starting out?

• Like 1