Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Not trying to pimp our products but I seen this machine as a "customer" and was sold. I'm even more excited to get to be involved directly!

Check out this video 

at the 50sec mark you can see how with the "clear shift sub" they bore on the main and tap with the sub at the same time! Crazy!

Just thought I would share. These are amazing machines.

-Josh

• Like 1

I love me some Index lathes!!! Too bad most can't afford them. Pricey!

The Eurotech competes with the Mori/DMG, Nakamura machines but is the only one with the extra axis on the sub...

I seen a time study against a three turret Nak and a two turret Eurotech. The Nak was 4min and the Eurotech was 3min. It's all in the ladder and the clear shift sub. The ladders on the Eurotech are a thing of beauty.

I'm not saying this just as a distributor. I was sold when I seen the rapido in action at the grand opening of the Selway facility in Union City and I was looking as a customer...

Shameless plug Josh :hrhr:

I'm watching this vid just before the 50 secs and see the right spindle drilling and think to myself, why is the drill/turret running away from the spindle when it's drilling.

But then I realise that the turret is also turning the left spindle as well lol.

Are they made by Biglia?

Not trying to pimp our products but I seen this machine as a "customer" and was sold. I'm even more excited to get to be involved directly!

Check out this video 

at the 50sec mark you can see how with the "clear shift sub" they bore on the main and tap with the sub at the same time! Crazy!

Just thought I would share. These are amazing machines.

-Josh

They left out the part when the operator yells....F_CK and the ensuing crash!!! ROR :fun:

My head is spinning thinking of the the math and the code going on in the controller. Great videos!

My head is spinning thinking of the the math and the code going on in the controller.

I don't know about Eurotech, but Miyano's can do the same thing and it's just an M code to slave the sub spindle to the turret. Not a huge deal. If that wasn't the case, it would be a nightmare haha.

Mike

Shameless plug Josh :hrhr:

I'm watching this vid just before the 50 secs and see the right spindle drilling and think to myself, why is the drill/turret running away from the spindle when it's drilling.

But then I realise that the turret is also turning the left spindle as well lol.

Are they made by Biglia?

Yes.

I don't know about Eurotech, but Miyano's can do the same thing and it's just an M code to slave the sub spindle to the turret. Not a huge deal. If that wasn't the case, it would be a nightmare haha.

Mike

Correct. M code.

Josh - are you Selway guys still using Bobcad to program these turnkeys?

:D

Smart xxxx. No....

• Like 2

We've got 12 axis Star Ecas swiss machines that will do that while pinch milling. They call it super positioning. Wayyy smaller machines though.

I worked for Joe when he first started importing them with Magna baqck in the early 90's.

Josh, you may want to Pick Larry Greenawalt's brain. One of the best turning guys I've ever known.

Tell him and Joe I said Hi!