Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Home learning edition

GKlugman

Can anyone help with this HLE install?

I had X9 HLE installed before and I bought a CD bundle from a different company, so I uninstalled it so I could reinstall the X9 copy that came with the bundle. Now I can't get the new copy OR the old copy to install. When I run the install CD, I get the following error: "Setup.exe: Cannot load D:\support\resources\\DvdSetupRes.dll".

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi I had the same problem, and solved it by searching an installer file of the program mastercam, along with taking off some registry files under 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \CNC software, Inc.

and

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \CNC software, Inc.

and also deleted mcam shared files from "My documents.

HOWEVER, i HAVE MORE TO TELL YOU TO GET TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE STRAIGHT FROM YOUR HARD DRIVE.

but first, unhide your files in drive c:\ or whichever drive you have your mastercam installed, UNHIDE THEM, by selecting "view-> then put a check on "hidden files"

second, open your command prompt, by right clicking on the windows logo on windows 10 taskbar, and selecting command prompt (admin) or just search on the start menu "CMD" and right click on "cmd" and hit "Run As Administrator" then hit yes, whichever way seems right for you!

You shall turn off UAC settings by copying and pasting the following command:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

ok, so once you copy the command above, go over to the command prompt (the black screen) and right-clic on its empty black space, and hit enter on your keyboard, and automatically your command prompt will process the command and let you know the UAC is disabled, and you do this to find an installer file, called "Mastercam Installer" but for now, restart your computer.

Once you are booted up in your pc, go to: your hard disk drive, commonly c:\

clic on it.

search for: Installer

And with luck, you shall find a file called mastercam installer, with a size of 763 MB, and surely it will be an executable file, so double-clic on it, and run it.

once you finish installing mastercam x9, do not open it, but rather i ask that you re-enable UAC settings on your computer.

Do the following:

go back to your command prompt (remember how I told you to get there?) and to enable UAC settings once again, copy the following command with your mouse pointer:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

then, please just right-clic your pointer onto the black screen of the command prompt, and press enter on your keyboard to execute the command. 

Restart your pc.

and once you boot up to your desktop background, try running mastercam x9 that you just had previously installed.

I hope this helps, yet I still have yet to enable UAC settings, restart my pc, and try to run mastercam, so I hope this works out for me as well. Good luck.

Oh I see now, I had not noted I was doing that, as you say.

Anyway, it was some stuff I did to repair windows update, it was all on me, and so I reset the win 10 and should work now.

They were registry problems which I myself modified beforehand, and eventually ended up giving me problems when I tried using mastercam yesterday.

thanks for replying. Perhaps none of the commands are necesary afterall, they were put there to find hidden files which could be used, in turn, according to my own logic, to manually uninstall software from windos installer file record of softwares installed on a computer, but it did not work out for me, and I believe the installer file I found pertained to an old installation i ha done on this laptop beforehand on mastercam, and i just happened to have found it, something which went out of my expected outcome of the real problem i was facing.

• 7 months later...

I had mastercamX9 installed but I uninstall it because I thought due to some errors, I need to reinstall it. Now I cannot install it and it is showing me messages about "RarSFX0\support\resources\\DvdSetupRes.dll"

I need it to install it again, please anyone help me. I tried to contact the support@mastercam, but they have a meeting and cannot be reached until a week. Terrible! I am in desperate need. I bought the student software and I need to finish my assignment.

PLEASE HELP. W

What should I do?

• 4 months later...

Put me down under the list of those who paid money and cannot use the product on their computer. I am getting the following error:

Setup.exe: Cannot load E:\support\resources\\DvdSetupRes.dll

What lead to the aforementioned error? I am a 4th semester Machining Student and needed a training guide for more Advanced programming/part making. Bought the X9 Mastercam Training Guide Mill 2D and the disc with the Home Learning Edition came with it. I installed this program flawlessly onto my PC (Running Windows X) and proceeded to make my first blueprint. Halfway through creating what I still need to complete, I noticed when I tried to draw a line from the origin the cursor would start the line 2-3 inches to the right of where I pointed no matter where I moved the cursor. Frustrating? Hell yes. In case you missed it. I can try to make a line, tangent line or whatever via the cursor and no matter where I click, the feature starts 2-3 inches to the right of where my cursor is at. Thus, I wasted a day trying to figure this out via Auto Cursor settings with no luck. I decided to uninstall the program entirely, which doesn't uninstall everything and now I get the above error. The hope was to refresh everything back to when the program worked as advertised  (plus I always make several save points during part creation). I am so excited about being unable to do any work at home. Solid purchase (layer upon layer of sarcasm).

Daniel Gingras:

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:07 AM, DanielGingras said:

Hello Steve,

Thank you for trying to provide solutions to people experiencing this difficulty. However, I have removed the link to the HLE install file. It should only be distributed by Mastercam Partners to their customers.

Is there a solution for these problems or should we move onto another product? Have money, can spend on competitors.