Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2017

Rocketmachinist

the old beta team has been working it since October

The public beta should go live pretty soon

correction..the public beta is live anyone with current maintenance can download and install it

as a side note... the Mastercam forum is now open to ALL Mastercam users

it used to be restricted to users with current maintenance

that is no longer the case

• Like 3

A word of caution on posts

due to some parameter changes, Postabilty posts will need factory edits to run in MC2017

You will not be able to update then yourself.

Its not a big deal and it's a quick fix but Dave will be getting hammered as people start updating

Make sure your posts are up and running before you start a big project in MC2017

I've seen no issues with mpmaster, pmgen5X or mpfan posts

I don't know if InHouse posts are affected or not

• Like 1

A word of caution on posts

due to some parameter changes, Postabilty posts will need factory edits to run in MC2017

You will not be able to update then yourself.

Its not a big deal and it's a quick fix but Dave will be getting hammered as people start updating

Make sure your posts are up and running before you start a big project in MC2017

I've seen no issues with mpmaster, pmgen5X or mpfan posts

I don't know if InHouse posts are affected or not

So it is an edit in the binary?

Ok I love new ideas and features (aka change) but I never understood the ribbon bar concept and quite frankly I hate it. "Lets take 20 small and easily accessed buttons, make them really big and spread them under multiple tabs"

I'm assuming the tabs will be modifiable so ill be able to put my required icons in the home tab?

• Like 2

I am Definitely Not a fan of the new level manager; how it's integrated into the operations manager.  They made MC look like Microsoft Office 2013 :unsure:

It doesn't have to be part of the OPS Manager

You can dock it anywhere you like ... and it remembers where you dock it

The new version may have a small learning curve for users who have been working with mastercam for a while but there are so many improvements and new functionality I think this 2017 version is my fav to date.

there are a lot of improvements, but one I really want to point out is that gnomen in the lower left of the screen (xyz axis) is now selectable for creating a dynamic plane. My personal second favorite new feature is verify which now lets us record our verification.

• Like 2

oh and for those of you who are afraid of change, change is good, it leads to improvements. imagine the shops that didn't decide to switch from high speed steel tooling to carbide or from hand programming to CAM. in my opinion, shops who do not keep up with todays technology get beat by those of us who do.

• Like 3