Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Heidenhain Control and Rotary Axis

Am getting my feet wet on a five axis mill here.

Aligning workpieces square by rotating the c-axis.

Are two ways to set the work offset in the datum table. A basic rotation value and a c-axis datum value. 

Right now I'm using a c-axis datum value and have so far done some 3+2 work without any problems.

Is one method preferred over the other for simultaneous five axis work, and why?

TIA.

• 1 year later...

I use the basic rotation method . Why ?

My  setup is always identical on all machines  in my shop be it five or three axis.. I have seven machines , all with  Heidenhain  (415 , 430 , 530 , one of them 5 axis ) .  

• 5 years later...

Interesting topic you have, colleagues! But I want to continue in thinking what is important for the automation.

Let`s say we used 400 cycle and now we have our basic rotation angle saved in the controller.

Is there any method to send this value to C-axis Work offset automatically, not manually.

Or, lets say we used 403 cycle and physically our C-axis rotated on whatever angle. 

Is there a possibility to send this value to the Active Work offset, in other words to update our C-axis Work zero?