Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ 2017 (Public Beta 4)

• 5 weeks later...

As of the last 2017 update (19.0.11004.0) X+ items no longer (well, only TPSketcher) shows in the commands area of the customize ribbon. All of the items show in Categories, but that only allows you to put them on a context menu.

See pics below:

Only TPSketcher in list for commands:

All items in list for Category:

Go to Commands Not in the Ribbon and you will find them. All commands is all commands in the ribbon. To find the hidden items like what is X+ you need to use the commands not in the ribbon and you are good to go. I didn't download the fixture tools, but everything else I found that way to add to a custom ribbon.

I've looked in all the pull down areas.

Have you looked on your customize ribbon area since installing? My system wasn't updated, and it showed properly. Another system was, and they were not in the commands. I updated my system, and they were gone like the other (updated) system.

I actually got it working correctly by hacking the Lang.dll and getting rid of the /n"chookname" in the string selector. (Hope you don't mind, Gunther, I will never share a hacked resource file)It was already like that for TPSketcher, which led me to try that. The entries magically appeared in the commands column.

All is right with the new Lang.dll

I've looked in all the pull down areas.

Have you looked on your customize ribbon area since installing? My system wasn't updated, and it showed properly. Another system was, and they were not in the commands. I updated my system, and they were gone like the other (updated) system.

I actually got it working correctly by hacking the Lang.dll and getting rid of the /n"chookname" in the string selector. (Hope you don't mind, Gunther, I will never share a hacked resource file)It was already like that for TPSketcher, which led me to try that. The entries magically appeared in the commands column.

All is right with the new Lang.dll

I seriously wish I knew just 10% of what you do about VBA. 

Did you try reinstall X+ after the update? I am running that version of Mastercam and can see all the commands in my custom ribbon. I just installed X+ on this new computer since I use the Varco Reports and think if you reinstalled it then it would correct the issue you were seeing. You got around it, but yes I can see them all with no issue in my custom ribbon.

I tried reinstalling it. On both systems. Nothing changed. Not sure why, but the only place I could see the X+ items were in categories. Till I changed Lang.dll

Ben, that wasn't VBA, but a decompiled/edited/recompiled dll resource file.

I'm sure Gunther can say if I'm all washed up or it was just coincidence on our systems that fixed it. But that's how I got them back in the list.

Heck, it could boil down to permissions or any range of things. This tech stuff confuses me.

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

I can't get the border lines to show. I'm using the html version, I don't remember having to do anything to get them to show up on my other system.

I guess you have saved your own configuration?

Than you need a CSS file for it. A good start is to copy the default.css.

The CSS file contains all the format statements for the HTML file.

Borders, fonts, colors, etc.

That way you can format the HTML output the way you need. Maybe a certain colomn as Barcode for example.

1 hour ago, Günther Massimo - GMCCS said:

I guess you have saved your own configuration?

Than you need a CSS file for it. A good start is to copy the default.css.

The CSS file contains all the format statements for the HTML file.

Borders, fonts, colors, etc.

That way you can format the HTML output the way you need. Maybe a certain colomn as Barcode for example.

Yeah, I went to my other PC & copied the defaults for my setup sheets & tool lists, pasted them to the new box & everything works fine.

Thanks again Günther for this fantastic tool.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a way to improve the image quality for the screenshots in the X+ Tool List? (not the snapshot function). We use the screenshot to include additional setup information for the machinists, but image becomes quite blurry and grainy.