Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sheet solid into solid solid ?

paulfell

Our work normally comes in as a load of surfaces, we then create a solid from surfaces, it quite often is then a sheet solid- which makes it difficult to put fillet rads on some edges. Is there an easy way to turn the sheet solid into a full solid? - thanks

Normally sent as Catia files, what is SpaceClaim?

I have never had a problem reading any CATIA file with translator. Need to talk to your dealer and get the CATIA translator so you can request the native file and import directly from them.

SpaceClaim is a CAD software that does amazing things with surface models to help someone turn them int solids.

• Like 1

I also got surface finish contour to work, just need to turn off the Check Transition for Gouge and Check Retract for Gouge. I would also turn off retract to absolute .25. I would use Point toolpath to approach and retract out of the hole.

Not sure how this reply got over here? :wallbash:

• Haha 1

what do you mean by native file?

Any file that is from the software that created it is called a native file. You send someone a Mastercam file that you create everything in you are sending them a native file from Mastercam. You want the CATIA file for the part from your customer. Normally they have everything you need to work with. The issue is you need to a translator to convert the file from CATIA into Mastercam.