Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Question on part negative

motor-vater

So I was designing a pretty intricate pair of softjaws today, It required trimming a lot of solids to solids in some places I had to create curves on edges/project and then trim. It took much longer than I imagined it would. I was thinking am I missing something. I tried trimming solids to solids, solids to surfaces that I created of solids and it just wouldn't do it. Anybody got any tips or tricks?

Hum apparently Boolean gets it done on a simple part I just sketched up at home. But it appears the evil lays with in sheet solids created off of an imported IGES file. So I guess that brings up a better more relevant question, is their a way to create a solid body from a part built in sheet solids?

Model prep, make sure you save before you start making changes, because you can't undo. When I get to the point where I am happy with my model, I will remove solid operations so the part is one solid body. If I have to make changes after I will push/pull it.

• Like 1