Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom tool problem X9

Roger

There are 3 problems with your geometry:

- There is a tiny gap in your chain

- Overall tool is not correctly located. It should be in 'upper-right' side of top wcs (X+/Y+). However, you still can move it below Y-axis if you need to control your tool a special way (not at tool tip)

- Tool center line should'nt be drawn or you need to draw it with a dash style

Here is the corrected file

CUSTOM TOOL TEST-MOD.mcx-9

2 things as already pointed out.....in the geometry location and orientation

In the mcx9 file, I oriented the geometry for how you would make a tool in a MCAM file.....

In the dxf, if you choose to make a file using a dxf this is the proper setup for that...the cutting tool is on the cut level  "IF" you defined a tool AND holder, the holder would be placed on the "NOCUT" level

There is always the mcam file as well which is still an option, that would be set up the same way as you set up inside a file on a level...

Rename the z2g to zip to unzip

HTH

CUSTOM TOOL TEST_FILE_jp.z2g

David, Jparis Thanks! 

David, that is how I 1st had the geometry oriented, and I had no center line.  I was confused looking at the help file, (see picture).  So it was that little break in the chain.  I should have analyzed my chain. 

Jparis, I opened your file, (it opened in MC 2017) but it was empty.  You must have been trying to show how to set up a tool holder, and cutter assembly?

Thanks to you Mastercam forum knowledge wizards I'm back in business!

post-1366-0-07530800-1464357176_thumb.jpg