Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2017 Level manager help

Good day ppl.

I am having troubles figuring out how to have the level manager

do things the way it did in X7.

For instance. I would start an engineering change or replace one or more solids

then import the new ones.

In the pics i import a parasolid file with many solids in it.

The old way when you left your screen empty of entities, i would import, see all the

new solids then select all and put them in one level.

Then i could move the different components to their designated levels.

and they would still have their separate colors.

When i merge them now, if i don't select 'use current attributes', they come in with

the different colors but it adds all these new unwanted levels??

If i click 'use current attributes' it puts them on the current level,

changes them all to the current color, and i still get all these extra unnecessary levels??

level%201_zpsquaqepcn.png

after

level%202_zpsxjuwssxh.png

Is there any way to achieve what I would like it to do?

in the solids manager i cant find 'clear all face and feature colors' either?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

cheers

rick

• Like 1

Rickstrap,

Somewhere along the line (X8 or X9?), not sure what version, it was determined that the best way to handle importing files was to also bring in the level names of those files like you see. Probably from a big customer (pure speculation). Anyway, CNC Software went with the change (to appease said customer, who knows?) and pissed off the rest of us who don't like the level names overwritten. My personal preference is to leave my gawd damm level names alone. Lucky for me, I work on small files with *maybe* 10-15 different level names and they're pretty much always the same with only small variations. So I created a .CSV file with my level names and all other levels up to 1000 named nothing. When I see this crap, I import my .CSV and it overwrites their crap with my crap and I'm happy.

FWIW, I haven't used 2017 for any real jobs yet.

I always create a unique level, then on merge click use current attributes and will put them all on that level.

Only thing is, you will lose all colors and have to sort them out but imo it skips a step or two doing it in the end file.

I'll strap ya both newbeeee.... Lol

Gcode has a way but a few more steps then opening up on say level 300 ..... Plus..... Then moving them.

Once I'm done training my new programmer I won't have to worry about it very often. But I like how CNC first copied Space claim's way of working with solids in X8 and x9 then completed copied space claims interface in 2017. :)

As you can tell I use space claim exclusively for designing molds... ;)

• Like 1