Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify in 2017 not cooperating

Nils N

This is my first 3D tool with 2017. I use a custom stock model saved as a .stl file, nothing new here been doing like this for years. I select my stock model in the operations, and choose verify. Verify comes cuts my stock model and everything looks good. But now I save this model in verify, go to my finish tool paths, reselecting the new stock model, and when I try to verify the new model in comes in out of place. I always worked before and I’ve tried saving it numerous times but always get it out of position. I’m I missing something in 2017?

• Like 1

This is my first 3D tool with 2017. I use a custom stock model saved as a .stl file, nothing new here been doing like this for years. I select my stock model in the operations, and choose verify. Verify comes cuts my stock model and everything looks good. But now I save this model in verify, go to my finish tool paths, reselecting the new stock model, and when I try to verify the new model in comes in out of place. I always worked before and I’ve tried saving it numerous times but always get it out of position. I’m I missing something in 2017?

Check the WCS of the stock model. Make sure it is correct. Anytime I have had issue it has been this as the problem.

Check the WCS of the stock model. Make sure it is correct. Anytime I have had issue it has been this as the problem.

Yep that's the first thing i check too. Usually, in X9 if I didn't save the model in  standard TOP plane it would be out of alignment. So that's how I started, save .stl file in Top plane. went to verify and it was out of position. Went back saved it in my new WCS plane, saved it, verify and worked great. It's when i save this first rough file in verify and try to run the finish ops it's out of position for the 2nd machining. 

I went back to X9 and it worked with no problem.