Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Modig & Mastercam

PMDc

My observations are the same as yours.

The machine tool salesmen are soliciting Mastercam with iCam but my customer is questioning adding another software in the mix when they already use Mastercam and Vericut.

Thanks for the responses.

ICAM has something Vericut doesn't have. Just like NCSIMUL has posts processors. When you have an integrated solution then you are good to go.

That said with the customer can get a 3rd party post and use what they have with this machine with no issues. Might be able to use a generic post, but going to a 3rd party post builder you will leavarage their experience to help get you going the faster.

My observations are the same as yours.

The machine tool salesmen are soliciting Mastercam with iCam but my customer is questioning adding another software in the mix when they already use Mastercam and Vericut.

Thanks for the responses.

I agree with Ben and Matthew, looks like a 4 axis mill, with some special functions. A good post guru should be able to sort the extra functions. The existing combination of Mastercam and Vericut (provided the post for Mastercam is sorted) should be fine. Vericut can handle those functions.

ICAM has something Vericut doesn't have. Just like NCSIMUL has posts processors. When you have an integrated solution then you are good to go.

That said with the customer can get a 3rd party post and use what they have with this machine with no issues. Might be able to use a generic post, but going to a 3rd party post builder you will leavarage their experience to help get you going the faster.

If I had to choose in a scenario where I would not have a Verification package, I´d go with ICAM for those machines. Not only the simulation is fine, but they have a dialed post.

And are sponsored by Modig. That always speaks volumes.

ICAM is top notch software when it comes to post-processors - They kind of invented it the way we know them today. And are excellent simulation providers as well.

JM2C