Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A Axis Positive Move Only

CarbonCAD

What is the machine and the post? 5 Axis posts unless a 3rd party for the most part don't respect MD or CD. It has to be all controlled with the post.

It if is a 4th Axis post and MPMASTER or on the the Generics then yes the MD for the Axis will control that when you click on the axis in the machine tree and tell it positive output.

• Like 1

4-axis post that has been around here since 2001.  I'll do a little more research on doing it in the post, but if anyone wants to chime in feel free.   

Might not be part of that post. I will go out on a limb and say it is not part of that 15 year old post. I recommend you look to update to a current post that uses MD and CD.

Question if the post existed before MD and CD how did you expect MC and CD to be linked to it?

We are not fans of our two Fadal machines and they are going bye bye.  One is as good as dead already.  When exactly they get gone I don't know, but I was hoping to get through some jobs in the mean time without someone making a bunch of manual changes and possibly scrapping parts.  I'm happy to put the appropriate amount of time towards getting this to work, but if I have to start from scratch it would not be very economical.    

We are not fans of our two Fadal machines and they are going bye bye.  One is as good as dead already.  When exactly they get gone I don't know, but I was hoping to get through some jobs in the mean time without someone making a bunch of manual changes and possibly scrapping parts.  I'm happy to put the appropriate amount of time towards getting this to work, but if I have to start from scratch it would not be very economical.    

The Fadal posts that still come even in 2017 are pretty rock solid posts. Have you tried them?