Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

LIMIT C axis

Lord Wukits

I'm working on a part that is shaped like a "L" [ bottom of the L is sticking straight up in the air].
Working with a 5 axis Motionmaster.

I've been playing around with HST to minimize load/run times. Raster seemed perfect for the job, I've got a runtime that is an eighth of what it was both in time run, and filesize [compared to scallop and hybrid].

I keep getting crazy retracts and unwinds and quite a few;
******** DETECTED OVERTRAVEL IN C_AXIS....lo_limitc ********
ERROR - CANNOT REPOSITION CUT WITHIN C-AXIS LIMITS
USE SMALLER STEPOVER INCREMENT AND TRY AGAIN

Are there ways to lock the C axis in a certain angle or position? For the first part all that needs to really move would be the B axis.

I've activated the continuous B axis movement [from a negative angle to positive], but keep getting a "C180." to "C270." and back to "C180."  whenever the B axis hits 0.

In addition I keep getting wiggling from C axis when on flats that are parallel to the work plane C179. to C180. and back. Like a dog wagging it's tail. 

Any tips at all in restricting the C axis movements in general would be nice.

• Like 1