Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nickel Aluminum Bronze Alloy C63200

I'm doing some mill/turn work on a large part made of this alloy

I've been trying to find feeds and speeds info for milling but I'm not finding much

Does anyone know where I can find some

or have any advise on milling it.

My instincts are to use the same endmills I'd use for aluminum and dial things back about 40%,

but these are expensive parts

I'd prefer to base my tool paths and tool selection on data rather than SWAG

• Like 2

My only contact with this has been some banjo bolts that went to some marine application. Something on some kind of pumps. We made a hundred then never took the job again or never got it again, idk. They were ran complete in a MT. Rough and finish was done with a .008 vbmt alu insert. If memory serves turning was 200sf, .03doc and .008ipr finish was same but .0035ipr. A magazine resident .5in alumigator was used for milling at 120sf and .0025ipt rough 0.0015ipt finish. Some holes were done with Sumocham drills and some with guhring but I can't remember the guhring drill, rt100 I think. Seems like it drilled better than it turned or milled. I only ran a few and passed it off. I can't say anything about tool life other than no one complained.

I'm sure you'll go much faster but I do recall the Sumocham drill wanted more but I never sped it up.

I pretty much made do with what was already in the magazine so I'm sure you will do better.

This should be similar to, if not the same alloy, that we ran at Stadium. It's gummy and like a high chip load to break a chip. I'll see if I can find some of my old files, but I ran around 200-400SFM and typical Al chip loads. You might find some feedback data in our old emails as well.