Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface Finish Blend

TERRYH

When using this type of program is there a way to keep it from bridging corners and follow the boundaries you created? I was trying to use this on a pinch die to finish the small top surface and the angled surface and there were 4 corners that were close to 90 deg.'s and it kept wanting to bridge over the corners. 

post-37762-0-39742500-1472496094_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hi Terry,

Can you post up a sample file, with just the surfaces in question and the blend chains?

Blend has an "advanced" button, where you can switch between "quick", and "thorough". (I'm going from memory here). The thorough method is better for steep walls.

Also, you should offset the blend chain by 51% of the tool diameter. Blend uses the chains as "centerline" of the cutter. So unless you want the tool to "wrap" up to the sharp edges on top, I'd offset the chain.

• Like 1

The other thing that helps is using a Sync mode with the chains you create. But then you have to make sure both chains have geometry that is set for syncing. For example, I'd break the 2nd chain, at the start and end points of where the "notch pockets" start. Then add points on the top and bottom chains, where I want the syncing to occur. It would be easier to show you with some sample geometry.

• Like 1