Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Missing nice option in 2017

Radical1

I am not one to complain about change but...in older versions of M/C when making a circle you could just type "r" and the radius input would highlight and of course "d" for diameter. it seems this functionality is gone, at least for radius input. r now brings you to the reselect button, but d still works. Is there a new hotkey for radius input or does my wrist need to put more miles (KM, in Canada) on?

Just one of those nice shortcuts that have gone the way of the dodo maybe.

• Like 3

Aaron,

I am one to gripe about things that get in the way of my workflow.  Please do me a favor and have everyone at CNC switch keyboard layouts every ten years so they can feel what we're feeling:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/52483/6-non-qwerty-keyboard-layouts

And yes, once you get used to a new keyboard layout you'll be much slower on the previous one, but that doesn't mean the new one is better.

• Like 2

Handy tip:   In any dialog like that, you can hit the ALT key to show you what the keyboard shortcuts are (they're underlined).  In this case, ®adius was only used in a circle/arc.. Everywhere else it was Reselect.  Now the shortcut is U (that was the first unused/unique letter in radius).

Hey thanks Aaron that is awsome, kind of wierd for the shortcut letter but at least it is still there! That is a great tip for using the alt key.

Aaron,

I am one to gripe about things that get in the way of my workflow.  Please do me a favor and have everyone at CNC switch keyboard layouts every ten years so they can feel what we're feeling:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/52483/6-non-qwerty-keyboard-layouts

And yes, once you get used to a new keyboard layout you'll be much slower on the previous one, but that doesn't mean the new one is better.

I'm convinced that the people that redesigned and approved the UI in 2017 don't use Mastercam at all. 

• Like 2