Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface Scallop Toolpath Dig-in

paulfell

Using Surface Scallop Toolpath on x9 - I find this toolpath very useful for finishing some tricky surfaces - if you look at picture - you see where toolpath goes very haphazard (top right corner) - this actually cuts into the job (see other pic from verify). I have tried smoothing settings and anything else I can think of - but same result - any ideas why or how to fix ?

post-54503-0-21027100-1475087198_thumb.png

post-54503-0-08897900-1475087200_thumb.png

• Like 5

With the addition of a containment boundary capable of using "to contact point" I much prefer the high speed scallop vs the traditional. You will be less likely to get those goofy moves along the edges if you can control it with only a containment boundary and do away with check surfaces as much as possible.

With the addition of a containment boundary capable of using "to contact point" I much prefer the high speed scallop vs the traditional. You will be less likely to get those goofy moves along the edges if you can control it with only a containment boundary and do away with check surfaces as much as possible.

not being able to use check surfaces is one of the reasons i never use hsm scallop. the other is hsm scallop takes too long to generate.

for the gouging in the original post after exhausting all the other suggestions in this thread, try re-creating the surfaces.