Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

High Speed Dynamic Database

Chris Rizzo had created a database for entering information that people used in Dynamic milling...

As some may not know, Chris passed last year.......

As he was using a Google account to capture all of this info that he shared, I was thinking today that after a period of inactivity on his account, that database "could" be lost if they shut down that account....

I am wondering if there is still a need for it?

If there is, I am thinking I will recreate his form and host the account via my google account.....

Thoughts?

John, could the info be posted here somewhere - perhaps as a sticky or a sub link from the main manufacturing page?

The info is pretty valuable, and it would be a good way to remember Chris.

?

It is linked currently in the "Important Topics" thread pinned to the top

It is linked currently in the "Important Topics" thread pinned to the top

Yes I know - but what if the link then went to a page here or the IHS site?

Just thinking out loud. Yes it would be good if you did it but if you changed your account etc - if it was here @ IHS it should be 'safe' for all time?

Possibly?

Edit:- And Hardmill said stop trying to get Chris's glory :sofa:

Save it to IH, this way it lives on in Chris's name only. No one else needs to take the glory of what he started (it could happen and his name lost in the crowd). A lot of people come here for knowledge ne reason they should be able to see what a great person he was.

Well, IHS would have to want to take it....

That is up to them

Re-hosting it would be a great idea. A note could be added to the doc thanking and crediting Chris for what he started for the community. Doesn't matter where its hosted, right? I think Johns reputation is enough not to just disappear on us and remove the spreadsheet at the same time lol.