Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Resellers, and hard copies

Roger

Are your Mastercam resellers sending you hard copies of the latest versions?  I just downloaded 2017, and update 1 on my home computer, still having problems at work with firewall issues, and the linking.

So I was just wondering why I've not received a hard copy yet.....or do they still do this.  And yes maintenance is paid up.

Are your Mastercam resellers sending you hard copies of the latest versions?  I just downloaded 2017, and update 1 on my home computer, still having problems at work with firewall issues, and the linking.

So I was just wondering why I've not received a hard copy yet.....or do they still do this.  And yes maintenance is paid up.

Think it is really going to come down to the reseller.

We always get a disc in the mail, but it seems like months after I've already installed the web download.

Yes....

Once the decision is made to release, it becomes available via download.....it is then sent off to be printed,,,,,

So multiples have to be printed, along with docs and boxes....then they all get sent out to resellers who have to assemble all of the boxes and materials   and then, it finally gets shipped to end users

• 2 weeks later...

While were on the subject...

Autodesk / Powermill etc.

Straight Lease now. Almost $ 10,000  a year, you don't pay the bill next year ,you don't have software.

No maintenance.

No purchasing a seat

Boo Hiss !

Please don't follow these foot steps CNC  ;)

WOW! That is salty! I think Inventor Pro with the full HSM package (lathe and full 5 axis) is only like $400/month. Ya, that is $k a year more or less, but still. Besides, full blown MCX now (lathe, 5 axis) is probably$$-$$k + $k year for maint..?

Edited by JParis
Pricing remove..not allowed

While were on the subject...

Autodesk / Powermill etc.

Straight Lease now. Almost $ 10,000  a year, you don't pay the bill next year ,you don't have software.

No maintenance.

No purchasing a seat

Boo Hiss !

Please don't follow these foot steps CNC  ;)

Yeah, that happens and they'll loose a lot of customers.

• Like 1

I think we had to request a hard copy? the net usually worked fine for us.

turned down a major verification software company because they wanted to lease to us (yearly fee or license would not be renewed). if i buy something i want that version bought to work until i have no need for it.

oh well progress i guess.

• Like 2

I think we had to request a hard copy? the net usually worked fine for us.

turned down a major verification software company because they wanted to lease to us (yearly fee or license would not be renewed). if i buy something i want that version bought to work until i have no need for it.

oh well progress i guess.

Yeah? I'm guessing it isn't the V application. I don't recall them offering a lease option. Like you, I prefer a bought and that's it... (a'la perpetual).

I don't see it as progress. Maybe an option... :)