Welcome to eMastercam.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Help with figuring angle, radius????

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Roger

Roger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

I've sectioned off a piece of a part from a customer.  Can someone have a look at it, and tell me if the area in red is an angle surface, or a radius surface.  I think it's angled, and I got 14.9214 degrees.  I've attached a Solidworks 2013 file, and a Parasolid file.Attached File  TEST.SLDPRT   288KB   18 downloadsAttached File  TEST.SLDPRT   288KB   8 downloads

So not a Guru

So not a Guru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

I can't open solidworks files, but in MC X9 you can do: Analyze/Test Surfaces and Solids/Draft angle. This will check your entire model, but you can use: Analyze/Dynamic to find the radius or angle of any surface or solid

jlw™

jlw™

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

analyze dynamic and click a face/surface.  It it has any radius at all dynamic analyze will return a diameter value.  quick and easy.

Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming

Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,473 posts

If you are wondering if the faces are concave or Convex no. do they have a radii to them yes. they are a angled face.

Roger

Roger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

If you are wondering if the faces are concave or Convex no. do they have a radii to them yes. they are a angled face.

That was exactly what I was asking!  Thank you all for your responses!  I learned a new analyze function that I had previously not used.  I was 99.9% sure that it was an angled surface from using Solidworks evaluate features like, (curvature, zebra strips, deviation analysis, etc.), But I wanted a second opinion.   :gathering: !!!