Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

more help please

duckdogers

I like direction it works good on flowline.

I never used it on surface/finish contour before but It should work good.

I use it all the time when using this toolpath over arc. I may Opti-rough a part all the way down using one tool then use Surface Finish contour to Semi finish the same back up. It is about the only toolpath that will allow me to step back up like Opti-Rough does on a shape, but do it at the very end. Sometime I want my rough tool doing just that roughing all it can. Then come back with a semi finish tool to get the steps.

Even works great when you are singe one way cuts using Surface finish Contour. It is 3D contour for Surfaces.

• Like 1

Why not use direction to get in and out of the cut verse the arc? 2nd parameter page look at direction to get in and out and not arc on the 3rd parameter page. The 2nd Page is Lead in/out like on Contour toolpaths for surfacing toolpaths.

thanks ron that worked out well for me
  • Like 1