Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solidworks zooming problem - Graphics, RAM, or CPU?

kunfuzed

So we've got two computers here at work running SW2016 on Win7

Computer A: Intel Xeon e51620 3.63GHz(quad), Nvidia Quadro 2000, and 8gb RAM - Zooming frequently hangs up for seconds, to a minute at a time.

Computer B: Intel Xeon W3505 2.43GHz(dual), Nvidia Quadro Fx 580, and 12gb of Ram - Zooming works fine.

Any ideas why the superior CPU/Graphics card combo with less RAM is hanging up?  Would the RAM help?

Thanks.

So we've got two computers here at work running SW2016 on Win7

Computer A: Intel Xeon e51620 3.63GHz(quad), Nvidia Quadro 2000, and 8gb RAM - Zooming frequently hangs up for seconds, to a minute at a time.

Computer B: Intel Xeon W3505 2.43GHz(dual), Nvidia Quadro Fx 580, and 12gb of Ram - Zooming works fine.

Any ideas why the superior CPU/Graphics card combo with less RAM is hanging up?  Would the RAM help?

Thanks.

32 GB of ram would be my min.

• Like 1

32 GB of ram would be my min.

Lol.  If I could convince them to upgrade the five to seven year old computers I would, but they're in the middle of Chapter 11 bankruptcy, so probably not likely.

Unless I can absolutely convince them the RAM is the issue, I may be able to at least get them to install up to 12 or 16... maybe.

So RAM seems to be the likely culprit?

I have 16gb of ram and it's a minimum to run SW flawlessly

And the quadro card handle multiple parts better, 100% of the ram is applied on the active part

With my old g-force card the ram was splitted equally between opened parts, so if i had 4 pats i was only using 25% of my memory on active part

• Like 1