Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Integrex MKiv 200ST Tool autoset grooving tools

We have an Integrex MK-IV 200ST. This is a Matrix 1 control and has the lower Turret and second lathe spindle. I am just starting G-code programming of it (we've done mazatrol for a while now) and I have a problem with the lower turret, where if I touch the tool off for a grooving tool (internal or external) and Auto-set the tool for the second spindle, it will offset the width of the grooving tool. This in effect sets the tool zero point to the back edge of the instead of the leading edge. Mastercam obviously does not program this way. It programs with the leading edge of the groover (with an additional offset available to adjust the back edge as an option). For the time being I am leaving the Tool Data width and edge radius columns at 0 and it is serving my needs.

Does anyone have any suggestions or "this is how I do it" tales. I would like to maintain tool use between G-code and Mazatrol and that's currently not possible. I've contacted Mazak and they're solution is for us to utilize multiple tool offsets (use A,B,C,D) and at a basic level this works, but is not ideal. Just hoping someone has a work around. I've tried several parameters at Mazak's suggestion and haven't come up with anything that does what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help guys.