Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G10 Post not calculating positions correctly

I grabbed the HMC G10 post off the FTP and have integrated into my post, I created a shift to my tooling ball, as we don't program from COR

and I am getting mostly desired G10 output

G90G10L20P1X-.0005Y-10.78Z-17.1133
G90G10L20P2X-10.8467Y-10.78Z-27.2155
G90G10L20P3X10.8467Y-10.78Z-27.2311
G90G10L20P4X0.Y-19.58Z-18.8889
G90G10L20P5X-9.0711Y-19.58Z-27.2317
G90G10L20P6X9.0711Y-19.58Z-27.215
G90G10L20P7X-9.0711Y-22.371Z-23.6691
G90G10L20P8X9.0711Y-22.371Z-24.751
G90G10L20P9X-1.9934Y-22.371Z-19.0149
G90G10L20P10X-6.1391Y-22.371Z-19.1193

However, in the case of this one, thee are a couple of others

G90G10L20P9X-1.9934Y-22.371Z-19.0149

The B rotation is is -10° and the X position is generated from the COR.....

As I am using a tooling ball to set origins, I am trying to think of a way to calculate the X position based tooling ball position and not COR

Programming from COR is not going to fly, there are literally thousands of programs already in use.....

Thoughts.....

3rd party post builders using MP put a switch in the post that tells the post to use the World or the WCS for calculations. I think the reason for this is the fact Mastercam generic posts when getting into this follow the World and not the WCS. Without your post to compare the NCI output from and the NC output would be real hard to know. I have to also suspect the MP.DLL magic going on that most 3rd party post people have a hard time understating does things to final NC output that don't show up in the NCI only. Where post builders following NCI and MP post have better success than those only using NCI to create NC output.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm not going to get anywhere on this one....

We just have too many variables because of the method we have to use to program...

Until I can win the "let's just use the tooling ball location" and not set off the face of everything, this is I believe, an uphill struggle.

Are those tooling balls in known locations?

If so, just add in some modifiers to recalculate offsets by those modifiers after the TOX TOY and TOZ calculations are done.

You can access the tool plane matrix info in M1$ ~M9$

Just thinking out loud, as I'm kind of confused as to what you are actually looking for...

Thanks Robert

That's what I was thinking but there's more in play because currently, we only use the tooling balls as a reference position to actually move to the part origin.....

The way we program here...all Z-s MUST be negative......not my playground, so I am forced to do it that way....

So I am dealing with angular positions off of the referenced tooling ball location.....

If it was just off the tooling ball locations, this would be easy  :)

I will never understand why people try so hard to complicate things.

It's an argument in which I am starting to win people over......so hopefully we can implement some changes in the not too distant future...

• 1 month later...

Just as a matter of interest I was working at a shop when myself and the new programming lead decided to go centerline form the existing rotation macros they used up until then.

Luckily we had the backing of management, but the resistance from the floor was considerable.

It was like pulling teeth without anesthetic for about 18 months, then we hit a critical mass tipping point and after that even the biggest whiners wouldn't go back.........

It's just difficult to help some people....especially the ones that already know everything.....