The latest version of the free Mastercam Home Learning Edition Software can be requested here: https://signup.mastercam.com/demo-hle
Mastercam X4 for SolidWorks (PDF)
By WebbyThis book provides a comprehensive, step-by-step “hands-on” method of learning Mastercam X4 for SolidWorks, which is the CAM application that combines the world’s leading modeling software with the most widely used CAM software. The student will learn how to program a variety of different parts requiring most of the toolpath types available with Mastercam X4 for SolidWorks, including extensive emphasis on making parametric changes and update of toolpaths to match the solid model changes.
This book contains 14 lessons with full colour illustrations that cover:
-The manual time-tested 2D machining strategies including Contour, Pocket and Drilling.
- Innovative new 2D High Speed Machining techniques.
- Feature Based Machining for automatic programming of Drill and 2D Mill toolpaths.
- 3D Machining of irregular shaped solid models.
- Specialty techniques used in machining different configurations of SolidWorks models.
- Focus on toolpath changes matching model updates and complete part swaps.
- Also includes FREE Workflow Reference guide and Mastercam for SolidWorks Quick Reference Guide.
The book assumes the student is already familiar with the basics of using SolidWorks. Extensive modeling skills are not required and anything beyond the basics are detailed in the lesson instructions. The primary focus of this book is to quickly teach how to program solid models using Mastercam X4 for SolidWorks.