Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lag issues

TERRYH

I am working with 2019 on a file that's 2.3GB and up until today it has seemed to be ok but it seems to have gotten very slow in everything I try and do, I have run the RAM saver shut down and re started my PC and MC is there anything I can do or try to speed it up? The only other stuff I have open are power point excel and my email

14 minutes ago, TERRYH said:

I am working with 2019 on a file that's 2.3GB and up until today it has seemed to be ok but it seems to have gotten very slow in everything I try and do, I have run the RAM saver shut down and re started my PC and MC is there anything I can do or try to speed it up? The only other stuff I have open are power point excel and my email

At that size, you've just got to make some compromises.

I hate to say it, but reduce the file size by going to 'a single setup per file'.

Save STL files out of Verify to use as 'stock' for the Operation. Ditch anything not essential from the file. Run 'remove history' on all your solids. Delete any you don't need.

Thanks will give them a try. The part is a large Alum casting for a carpet mold for a vehicle, it contains the original solid, a surface file created from that solid and a new file that was imported to do engineering changes, plus all the geo. I created for boundaries and other stuff.