Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

INVALID FEEDRATE : POSTS F0.

4 minutes ago, Neurosis said:

Reading some of the things that you've done so far, I don't think that you would have any trouble figuring out the posts. 

I appreciate the vote of confidence, It sure does seem tricky on the surface though. I don't even know where to start!

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:30 AM, peter ~ said:

The problem has vanished..for now. 😕 Maybe its time for me to start learning post language.. for the next time a post problem rears its ugly head!

I don't think this is a post issue

I think the default file was defective and had a setting forcing an F0.

You deleted it and the system generated a new correct default file which fixed the problem

3 minutes ago, gcode said:

I don't think this is a post issue

I think the default file was defective and had a setting forcing an F0.

You deleted it and the system generated a new correct default file which fixed the problem

Thank you for the additional information G. I noticed lately, a lot of new problems developing  at my job.

14 minutes ago, peter ~ said:

Thank you for the additional information G. I noticed lately, a lot of new problems developing  at my job.

Are you pulling your default files from the My Mastercam folders on your PC or are you sharing

default with other programmers on the network?

The next time you have a problem like this, go the Files page of Machine Group Properties

click the exclamation point and check out the default copy of the operation that is misbehaving.

I've had a problem recently with milling operations being set to Center for tip compensation.

This is extremely dangerous as all Z values will be off by the value of the corner radius of the endmill

I have yet to track down the cause of this.

I think it was introduced by new MC2020 default settings.

edit... If you are running machine specific default files they would be accessed via the Machine Definition

defaults.jpg

1 minute ago, gcode said:

Are you pulling your default files from the My Mastercam folders on your PC or are you sharing

default with other programmers on the network?

The next time you have a problem like this, go the Files page of Machine Group Properties

click the exclamation point and check out the default copy of the operation that is misbehaving.

I've had a problem recently with milling operations being set to Center for tip compensation.

This is extremely dangerous as all Z values will be off by the value of the corner radius of the endmill

I have yet to track down the cause of this.

I think it was introduced by new MC2020 default settings.

defaults.jpg

I use local files on my machine, network sharing is a hazard. Thanks for the tip about the files page.  

The center for tip compensation is definetly a hazard, a lot of the defaults can be If  they are not changed.

Were you able to save over those settings?

10 minutes ago, peter ~ said:

Were you able to save over those settings?

Yes...

you can do it right from the tool paths parameter page, but every setting in that operation

will become the default setting if you do it that way, …. even the operation comment

for some reason my Circle mill path was set to Center,

I didn't notice till I was reviewing posted code and noticed my Z values were wrong

tip comp default.jpg

1 minute ago, gcode said:

Yes...

you can do it right from the tool paths parameter page, but every setting in that operation

will become the default setting if you do it that way, …. even the operation comment

tip comp default.jpg

:p I know that, I was inquiring if it was a bug in the system where the parameter switches on its own or something.

1 minute ago, peter ~ said:

:p I know that, I was inquiring if it was a bug in the system where the parameter switches on its own or something.

I don't think it's a bug... it think it may be the default files MC installs.

I have a brand new clean install of MC2020 on my home machine. I am going to review the defaults

to see if the problem is there