We use the setup sheet option in Mastercam and save to PDF so the guys on the floor at the machines can pull up the setup sheets on a computer. My request is; since Mastercam is already a CAD system why cant we do our screen captures as vectors instead of raster? If we could then we could zoom in on the screen capture and it would stay clear and PDF supports vectors. This is what is even being done across the web for websites because there's so many different screen sizes and resolutions. Vector is the way to go. I hope to see Masstercam do the same.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, coins.are.cool said:

We use the setup sheet option in Mastercam and save to PDF so the guys on the floor at the machines can pull up the setup sheets on a computer. My request is; since Mastercam is already a CAD system why cant we do our screen captures as vectors instead of raster? If we could then we could zoom in on the screen capture and it would stay clear and PDF supports vectors. This is what is even being done across the web for websites because there's so many different screen sizes and resolutions. Vector is the way to go. I hope to see Masstercam do the same.

Thank you.

What I do it capture my screen shots with an external software like Snagit or the free Verisurf Screen Capture that saves them with a White background to paint. I then add them to the setup sheet. Now when I save out as an PDF they are nice and crisp. Doing it through the Active reports process creates this issue, but doing it they way I am talking about doesn't.