Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2020 "forgetting" customized options

nperry

Ever since the switch to 2020 it seems like at least once every week or two I open an instance of Mastercam, whether it's new or a saved file, and my RMB options are set back to default and my hotkeys are totally wiped. Anyone else experiencing this? I've browsed here and mastercam.com but haven't found any threads on the topic.

8 minutes ago, nperry said:

Our HASP is on the network but my configuration files are saved/accessed right on my PC.

Make sure to back them up. 

I've had this happen quite a few times when working with several instances of MC open.  I just restore the backed up configs and am off to the races. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Leigh @ Kodiak said:

I have had this happen as well. Configs are saved locally, no multiple instances running to explain things. Just cam in one morning and my toolbar and right click customisations were gone. Luckily I had already backed them up.

had the same thing happen twice

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem on 2017. What I starting doing was open the first instance and moved it to the far left of my tool bar and open another session and others as needed. If I lost the configs I would close all of the used files first and then close the first instance. When I opened the first instance everything would be back to normal.