Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Showing hidden objects?

Cavi Mike

Out of nowhere, somehow I have a random level with 82 entities in it. This has happened before but with only 1 entity so I just ignored it. But this is crazy. I haven't imported anything, it was just all of a sudden here. I've alt+F1, ctrl+A then del - nothing changes. Whatever is here is invisible. Annnd as I was typing this, the computer froze for a few seconds and MC just crashed in the background. Just reopened it, that level is still there with those 82 invisible entities. The hide/unhide doesn't show anything, says nothing is here.

LEVELS.png

1 hour ago, Cavi Mike said:

Out of nowhere, somehow I have a random level with 82 entities in it. This has happened before but with only 1 entity so I just ignored it. But this is crazy. I haven't imported anything, it was just all of a sudden here. I've alt+F1, ctrl+A then del - nothing changes. Whatever is here is invisible. Annnd as I was typing this, the computer froze for a few seconds and MC just crashed in the background. Just reopened it, that level is still there with those 82 invisible entities. The hide/unhide doesn't show anything, says nothing is here.

LEVELS.png

Are you by chance; using Mastercam 2018?

I've seen lots of duplicate entity creation in 2018.

However, there could be another culprit: the Machine Definition File.

If you loaded a MD into your Mastercam File, and that MD has "geometry" embedded inside the MD File, that geometry will be imported during a 'MD Load' event.

This is why I always make sure I "save my file, and start a new (empty) Mastercam File, before I make any edits to a Machine or Control Definition File. This is to avoid inadvertently saving "geometry" into my MD File. (A 'Machine Definition File' is literally a Mastercam File, with a different extension...)

• Like 1

Sometimes entities get corrupted and you can't retrieve them propely anymore. If they are in a corrupt state you may be able to retrieve them via unblank saving and reloading the file.Usually I delete the duplicates. Frequently I see an extra "ghost" entity created on the level with a new Mastercam solid (Mastercam 2018).