Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help with setting up new computer

Roger

Just got my new computer yesterday.  I had to download new versions of Mastercam, and Solidworks.  (versions downloaded, 2019 and 2020)  Now I need to get Mastercam back to my configuration.  What folders do I need, and where do I put them.

Old computer was running Windows 7 Pro.  New computer Windows 10.

3 minutes ago, Rstewart said:

it's all in here:

I don't think that's what I'm asking.........  I have post, machine definitions, etc. on the old computer that I NEED on the new one.  All the shared folders that where in (my documents).  Thanks for your reply.

3 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

Any special/custom C-Hooks. If you don't know what these are, you most likely don't have any.

🤣😂  I do know what C-Hooks are.  And I'm the only programmer here, using the only computer with Mastercam on it.  Thanks, I'm currently copying all the shared folders from old computer to new.

I just got back to work today.  Still working on the problem..............I guess I'm not explaining this the right way.

So I'll try to explain it again, using pictures......😄

I got a new computer with Windows 10.  My old computer was running Windows 7 Pro.  On my new computer I downloaded Mastercam 2019, (same version I was using on the old computer).  I then copied the folder (Shared Mcam2019) from the old computer to a thumb drive, and put it in (Documents) on the new computer.

I can't find the control definition, or the post............As the below screen shots show.

ALL ADVICE WELCOME!!  I need help!!  Questions also welcome, I need to get back to programming, using my old post, setup sheets, etc.  Both of which the forum members, and Colin Gilchrist, helped me get working the way I like!!!

1743314039_Untitled1.thumb.png.f620709469ab62f59803b435cba44c16.png

32412428_Untitled2.thumb.png.5b92ead844952cbf88420cf21a10ee54.png

On 12/27/2019 at 9:12 AM, cncappsjames said:

Everything Mastercam or Mcam here; 

C:\Users\Public\Documents\.....

C:\Users\YourUserName\My Documents\..... (Note: you may want to check any other profiles as well for data)

Any special/custom C-Hooks. If you don't know what these are, you most likely don't have any. 

These two locations have everything you need unless you have them in some other location. These are the default locations.

\Public\... contains Machine Defs, COntrol Defs, Default Operations, etc....

\YourUserName\... contains person preferences, etc...

2 minutes ago, Roger said:

That's where I believe I put them.  See image below.

Double check inside of that directory and make sure that they are there.

If  you navigate to your "Documents" using the quick access menu or the Documents shortcut in your file explorer, it doesn't take you to the (as James posted above) the Public documents. 

If you already know this and have made sure then ignore.  :D 

8 minutes ago, content creator said:

If I am understanding you are trying to link your post processor?

I'm trying to get the new install of Mastercam 2019 on the new computer working like on the old computer.  I had did some small edits to the post/set-up sheets to get them working the way I like to see.  (Colin Gilchrist helped me with this the most.)  I'm still thinking this might be a problem with the way our IT people have the network set-up.....

Now on to getting the rest of the new computer set the way I like..

It's got Bluetooth, and I have Bose headphones that are not wanting to pair.......Printer problems, (not finding my printer.)  And just trying to get use to WINDOWS 10!!