Sign in to follow this  
TiBerious3791

Change post output from M88 to M18

I need to change the output on my Mastercam 2019 Fanuc 4X mill post,  to generate an M18 thru tool coolant  instead of an M88.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

21 hours ago, TiBerious3791 said:

I need to change the output on my Mastercam 2019 Fanuc 4X mill post,  to generate an M18 thru tool coolant  instead of an M88.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Show us portion of your POST codes so we can help you out.

For newer posts the coolant M-codes are specified in "Machine Definition"

Untitled.pngUntitled.png.980e6d1e382d3397e14c4d7ea5abf07b.png

Settings->Machine Definition Manger->"Load Machine Definition file"->Edit General Machine Parameters->Coolant commands

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joe777 said:

For newer posts the coolant M-codes are specified in "Machine Definition"

Untitled.pngUntitled.png.980e6d1e382d3397e14c4d7ea5abf07b.png

Settings->Machine Definition Manger->"Load Machine Definition file"->Edit General Machine Parameters->Coolant commands

Did you test this?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zaffin said:

Did you test this?

If your have searched for "M88" in the Post and can't find it. Machine Definition is a place to look.

33 minutes ago, Joe777 said:

If your have searched for "M88" in the Post and can't find it. Machine Definition is a place to look.

I'll elaborate; it is possible to read the strings in from that dialog, I've just never seen it done.  Typically the coolant m-code output is handled by a string select table inside the post. 

I asked if you tested modifying the enable and disable labels because I'm curious if they are wired up. 

1 minute ago, Zaffin said:

I'll elaborate; it is possible to read the strings in from that dialog, I've just never seen it done.  Typically the coolant m-code output is handled by a string select table inside the post. 

I asked if you tested modifying the enable and disable labels because I'm curious if they are wired up. 

Yes, modifying the values of enable and disable labels does change the M code coolant output.

4 hours ago, Zaffin said:

MPMaster 4X Mill Post reads the strings directly from the Machine Definition Coolant Tab Strings.

This isn't done in the Generic Fanuc MP Posts, that I'm aware of. 

• Like 1

Perhaps Mr. House Glenn.B can shed some light on the origins of the post.