Sign in to follow this  
TiBerious3791

Change post output from M88 to M18

Recommended Posts

I need to change the output on my Mastercam 2019 Fanuc 4X mill post,  to generate an M18 thru tool coolant  instead of an M88.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TiBerious3791 said:

I need to change the output on my Mastercam 2019 Fanuc 4X mill post,  to generate an M18 thru tool coolant  instead of an M88.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Show us portion of your POST codes so we can help you out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For newer posts the coolant M-codes are specified in "Machine Definition"

Untitled.pngUntitled.png.980e6d1e382d3397e14c4d7ea5abf07b.png

 

Settings->Machine Definition Manger->"Load Machine Definition file"->Edit General Machine Parameters->Coolant commands

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Joe777 said:

For newer posts the coolant M-codes are specified in "Machine Definition"

Untitled.pngUntitled.png.980e6d1e382d3397e14c4d7ea5abf07b.png

 

Settings->Machine Definition Manger->"Load Machine Definition file"->Edit General Machine Parameters->Coolant commands

 

Did you test this?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Zaffin said:

 

Did you test this?

If your have searched for "M88" in the Post and can't find it. Machine Definition is a place to look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Joe777 said:

If your have searched for "M88" in the Post and can't find it. Machine Definition is a place to look.

I'll elaborate; it is possible to read the strings in from that dialog, I've just never seen it done.  Typically the coolant m-code output is handled by a string select table inside the post. 

I asked if you tested modifying the enable and disable labels because I'm curious if they are wired up. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zaffin said:

I'll elaborate; it is possible to read the strings in from that dialog, I've just never seen it done.  Typically the coolant m-code output is handled by a string select table inside the post. 

I asked if you tested modifying the enable and disable labels because I'm curious if they are wired up. 

 

 

Yes, modifying the values of enable and disable labels does change the M code coolant output.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zaffin said:

I'll elaborate; it is possible to read the strings in from that dialog, I've just never seen it done.  Typically the coolant m-code output is handled by a string select table inside the post. 

I asked if you tested modifying the enable and disable labels because I'm curious if they are wired up. 

 

 

MPMaster 4X Mill Post reads the strings directly from the Machine Definition Coolant Tab Strings.

This isn't done in the Generic Fanuc MP Posts, that I'm aware of. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps Mr. House Glenn.B can shed some light on the origins of the post.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Join us!

eMastercam - your online source for all things Mastercam.

Together, we are the strongest Mastercam community on the web with over 56,000 members, and our online store offers a wide selection of training materials for all applications and skill levels.

Follow us