Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CodeMeter License linking

JParis

OK, I use the downloaded utility to create the Mastercam Forum linking, with the Nethasp it worked fine..

I go to create a link, as my link has expired and now it doesn't want to work with using the new CodeMeter Network licensing...???

dln8dLe.png

What hoop do I need to jump now?

4 hours ago, JParis said:

OK, I use the downloaded utility to create the Mastercam Forum linking, with the Nethasp it worked fine..

I go to create a link, as my link has expired and now it doesn't want to work with using the new CodeMeter Network licensing...???

dln8dLe.png

What hoop do I need to jump now?

Try the Linking Code generator found in mastercam and that one will probably work, just start mastercam, then inside mastercam choose File --> community --> link on mastercam.com. 

8 minutes ago, JoshC said:

Try the Linking Code generator found in mastercam and that one will probably work, just start mastercam, then inside mastercam choose File --> community --> link on mastercam.com. 

Nada...that's why I run the external one...don't have the level of permissions required for the internal but the last 3 years external has worked fine with the Nethasp

Just now, Jayson Kramer-CNC Software said:

John, I would send Chris B an email?

Thanks Jay, I may have to do that...

We're having another issue in house that I am working with Cimquest & CNC on why Mill/Turn wont launch and why I can't see the server.....I am holding off to see if that issue is related to my other issue

Could Win10 be blocking the creation of a file?

It won't even let me save an ini file in the Mastercam folder.

I ran into the same issue today trying to edit a Vericut bat file.

I had to save it to My Documents then copy to its proper location.

The other option is to set up a dedicated admin account for stuff like this

9 hours ago, Jayson Kramer-CNC Software said:

Are you running a network license for the MT ?

Jay, could you PM me Chris's email, I thought I had it but evidently, I do not

Yes, Mastercam would not launch MT from the icon, that has been addressed, though I still can't see the server via the WebAdmin Portal....and the issue of relinking my account on the Forum

8 hours ago, gcode said:

Could Win10 be blocking the creation of a file?

It won't even let me save an ini file in the Mastercam folder.

I ran into the same issue today trying to edit a Vericut bat file.

I had to save it to My Documents then copy to its proper location.

The other option is to set up a dedicated admin account for stuff like this

Still on Windows 7....I've used the utility every year for the past 5 years.....

Admin account isn't going to happen....one of the IT guys would be fine giving me access, as I know everything needed to keep us running but from "on high" all admin accounts that weren't IT we removed a few years back.....