Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 18 Auto-Cursor Ribbon bar help, please...

Dontech

...specifically, can it be hidden or docked somewhere OUT of the graphics area?

The majority of what I use Mastercam for is making round, flat plates to hold parts in vacuum chambers, autoclaves, etc...and it never fails that that darn ribbon bar gets in the way of some of my geometry at the top of the screen. Yes, I can wheel in and out and then manipulate my geometry down the screen to get away from the autocursor bar but that's pretty tedious and annoying since I have to do it multiple times per program...sometimes dozens of times per. I'd really love to be able to avoid all that if possible. As always, thank you for your time and patience with these goofy questions I keep coming up with.

8 minutes ago, JParis said:

I've read this a bunch of times, maybe I just haven't had enough coffee yet, not sure but I am not sure what it is that you're asking.

I believe the OP wants to move the interface with the autocursor controls on it.

1 minute ago, content creator said:

I believe the OP wants to move the interface with the autocursor controls on it.

Correct.

I tried right-clicking, no dice. Doesn't seem to have an obvious 'hide' or 'dock' function to it.

I looked through Configurations but nothing jumped out at me as accomplishing this.

Just now, JParis said:

In the upper right hand corner, there is a small arrow...that can minimize it...it you then only fly out when you go to select something on the bar

Check that

No, not the whole ribbon bar. I want all of that. I'm talking about the transparent AutoCursor tools bar inside the graphics area itself.

Just now, Dontech said:

No, not the whole ribbon bar. I want all of that. I'm talking about the transparent AutoCursor tools bar inside the graphics area itself.

No, not as far as I know, you can change the opacity in the config but I believe that's it

It is little things "in the way" of your work on the screen, which made me switch my default from "zoom" to "pan" for clicking the mouse wheel. I can click-and-drag to pan my geometry to a new position, while I'm in the middle of selecting geometry for something else like a toolpath. I know it is an annoyance to have the "bar" in the way, and I wish we could "position or dock" the bar in another location.

However, If you aren't using that bar, then you are neglecting these awesome functions:

• Invert Selection - with a single button, you can "deselect everything that is currently selected, and select everything that wasn't already selected". This function can be so handy.
  • Verify Selection - This function is a Toggle Button. When 'active', if there are multiple pieces of geometry lying in the "same space", then Mastercam will pop-up a small 'toggle' bar, where you can 'cycle through' the different entities which occupy the same physical location. Example: say you have 2 lines, which share the same endpoint, and are co-linear. They have different lengths. How do you choose a specific line, of the two? Verify Selection gives you this ability.
  • Selection Mode - This gives you the choice of "Inside", "Outside", "Intersection", "Inside + Intersection", and "outside + intersection".
  • Selection Method - This lets you choose between Window, Chain, Polygon, Area, and Vector. (Vector, in particular, is one of my favorite selection methods, especially for selecting "alternating chain directions".
  • Like 1
On 1/9/2020 at 8:41 AM, jeff said:

It would be nice if we could remove that damn thing, I never use it. Ever.

how do you not use it lol, there is so much stuff in there you are missing out on if you are not using some of the settings shown below, all of the tools in this autocursor toolbar are useful, i always thought that is why its placed on screen and right at a mouse click away, how can you look past this toolbar without seeing what the settings do lol.

Capture1.png

Capture2.png

Capture3.png

• Like 1