Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DYNAMIC WORK OFFSET

Hello everyone,
   I am now studying the DYNAMIC WORK OFFSET FOR UMC70, 5AXIS.  Can you guys give me an example of how it works?  Also, G-CODES please.

ps: I have read one of the previous posts that mentioned about DYNAMIC WORK OFFSET but not very detail how it works and they did not included the G-CODE.

Thank you.

DWO on a Haas Next Gen Control is G254. Is is disabled using G255.

It basically just shifts your coordinate system as the part moves.

So if you touch off your G54 on the corner of the part then swing out your trunnion, you can active G254 then go to X0 Y0 Z0 and you tool tip will land back on that same corner, no matter what angles the trunnion is at.

It is used with 3+2 operations.

swt_dtrack.png

This Haas video also shows the datum tracking with TCP very well.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Alex Dales said:

DWO on a Haas Next Gen Control is G254. Is is disabled using G255.

It basically just shifts your coordinate system as the part moves.

So if you touch off your G54 on the corner of the part then swing out your trunnion, you can active G254 then go to X0 Y0 Z0 and you tool tip will land back on that same corner, no matter what angles the trunnion is at.

It is used with 3+2 operations.

swt_dtrack.png

This Haas video also shows the datum tracking with TCP very well.

Hello Alex,
    The code as G254, does it work for HAAS and FANUC as well?  I heard G68.1 for MATSUURA but not sure.

Thank you.

G254 / G255 for Haas Machines

G54.2 P1 / G54.2 P0  - DWO On/Off for Fanuc machines. (There are up to 8 different "P" addresses available for Dynamic Work Offset, on the Fanuc side.)

-------

Fanuc also has more advanced functions for 5-Axis: instead of Dynamic Work Offset (G54.2 P1), they also allow WSEC (workpiece setting error correction), or G54.4 P1.

The WSEC (G54.4) allows you to compensate for more than a single rotary axis "twist". With Haas DWO, you can only compensate for "C-Axis Twist". You must setup the part at B0. (no exceptions) With WSEC, you can compensate for an XYZ Translation, along with Roll, Pitch, and Yaw Rotations.

G54.4 P1-P8 to enable WSEC and G54.4 P0 to turn it "off".

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

G68.1 and G68.2 are used for "Program Rotation" (G68.1, about a single axis). G68.2 is "Tilted Work Planes", which allows you to do 3+2 axis Programming (5-Axis Positioning), and the G68.2 handles "rotating the coordinate system", and also "optionally translating the XYZ Plane Origin, as well.

Hello Colin,
   Would you please give me the entire line of G-CODES of which I can understand more?

Thank you.

• Haha 1
  • Huh? 1

I would suggest you contact Fanuc to order copies of their manuals for a 31i control.

Typing out a list of G-Codes is not going to help you understand how to use and apply those codes. Plus, different codes are "grouped together", and must be activated "in nested pairs of on/off Functions". The nesting of those function pairs is dependent on dozens of different Parameter Settings on the machines control. You can order your machine, with a Fanuc Control, and specify different "options" on the machine.

What machines do you have in your shop right now? What controls (model, and year) are installed on those machines?

Did you know that there are two very different "methods" of setting up DWO and TCPC on a Haas Machine, based on the different types of Kinematic Layout?

Before you go off and try to develop a Post Processor to support these codes, you really need to have some experience setting up the machines, and then programming a part using the DWO/TCPC Functions, before you should think about trying to build a Post.

What is your end goal here? To try and understand how to run your machines in a better/easier way, or to build some kind of post that would support all different machine types?

• Like 2